These tips and guidelines are to help ensure that
everyone has a safe and enjoyable practice. Samadhi Yoga is a community
space and through awareness and etiquette we can keep our studio
serene, enjoyable and we can take pleasure in using it together.
1. If you are brand new to yoga, have an injury
or condition, or are pregnant please advise the instructor prior
2. Come to class early as it gives you time to calm your mind and
3. Please show respect for your teachers and fellow students.
4. Please keep your voice down in the practice room.
5. Please place all items you may not need for your practice in
the change rooms.
6. Set an intention for your practice. This may help you stay focused.
7. Please read the class description and be sure that the class
you have chosen to attend is appropriate for your level of practice.
If you are unsure, please ask an instructor.
8. Try not to leave class early as it is disruptive to others. But
if you need to leave before the end of the class, please do so before
9. Please avoid the use of perfumes/colognes or scented creams as
others may be sensitive to smells.
10. It is not recommended that you eat before practice. It is best
for the body not to digest while you are practicing, since it can
make some postures uncomfortable.
11. Remember to listen to your body. Don’t push yourself too
far, too quickly. Try to be content with where you are and patient
with your practice.
12. Modify or rest in child’s pose when you need to.
13. It is not recommended to drink water during your practice as
the water will cool the body, but do so if you need to.
14. Please keep your cellular phones on silent and in the change
rooms. Do not bring to the practice room.
15. Please use quiet voices when in the foyer/hallway area.
16. If necessary, please wipe off the area around your mat before
“Beyond meditation there is the experience